Bologna//firenze//venezia

on Friday, November 25







I recently got back from a three-part trip to Italia to see my lovely friend Henry. Having never been there before Hen wanted me to see as much as possible, taking me to Florence and Venice for a couple of awesome day trips... Needless to say I felt extremely spoilt!

Bologna as well as being beautiful provided some amazing culinary treats! The highlights being a naughty Meats & Cheeses platter at a traditional Italian Deli called Tamburini... AND the chocolate fair ('CioccoShow 2011') that just happened to coincide with my trip... Score. The Cioccolata Calda will forever have a place at the forefront of my mind!

Florence Obviously satisfied all architectural cravings, from the Duamo to the Ponte Vecchio bridge.  And after a good bit of exploring we ended the day by climbed up to the Piazzale Michelangiolo, for a Panoramic view of the city, and watched the Tuscan Sunset with a big delicious beer in hand!

Venice.... Venice is one of those odd, otherworldly places that you can't quite get your head around. I had the same experience when I first got to New York last year. I suppose when you've been heavily saturated with imagery of a place before you go, it's hard to accept you're actually there when you're surrounded by it. The best way to describe it is it feeling like your on a film set. However this is not to say it isn't AMAZING, because of course, it is! Walking around Venice is a wonderful experience that EVERYONE should treat themselves too!


One comment

these are beautiful photos, makes me wanna go!! xxxxx

by LAURA BAKER THE PHOTOGRAPH TAKER on 1 December 2011 at 09:35. #

Leave your comment